We understand that a big fear of purchasing through a liquidation company is a lack of control over what you receive. Boutique by the Box strives to be as transparent as possible in communicating what to expect in your boxes. We are also focused on providing exceptional customer service - if you have an issue, you can reach out and we will do everything we can to make sure your boxes arrive, your questions are answered and your issues are resolved.
Boutique by the Box is a liquidation company. We source inventory and get it to resellers’ doorsteps at an affordable price without resellers having to take the financial risk of buying a massive lot. Since we are a liquidation company, we cannot guarantee that all items will be damage-free, that all boxes will have an equal resale value, and that our version of high-end/basic is the same as our customers. We receive a variety of items including NWT (New with Tags), NWOT (New without Tags), samples from runway shows, never mass-produced clothing, and more.
We understand that these boxes are not a good fit for everyone, and that’s alright with us. We aren’t here to scare anyone away, we just want to align expectations so that you are prepared for what you’re getting. Below is our refund and return policy. We will continue updating this as we grow alongside our wonderful community. If you aren’t sure where your items fall, you can always fill out our return form by clicking the button in the bottom right hand corner and we will let you know what the next steps are.
We are not offering cash refunds at this time. If there is an issue with a box, we will work with you to provide a credit for another purchase or complete an exchange.
Request for Returns:
If you would like an exchange or would like to process a return, it must be done within 7 days of receiving your package. If your exchanged item(s) come with a pre-addressed envelope, we ask that you return your exchanged items. You will be asked to fill out a Request for Return form located to the right-hand side of this screen.
Shipping is always covered by Boutique by the Box, if you’re interested in faster shipping you can also upgrade to our Expedited Shipping
Acceptable Reasons for Returns/Exchanges:
- Security Tags
- Broken Zippers/Missing Drawstrings/Flaws that make the item unwearable
- Rips over 1/2 inch
- Missing Items (Keep in mind that all of our boxes are inspected and counted by two different people, so these mistakes should be rare)
What We Do Not Accept for Returns/Exchanges:
- Lack of tags (size, price, care), unless otherwise promised in the listing
- Personal discretion of high-end vs low-end brands
- Hole/Seam rips under ½ inch
- NWOT clothing stain that can be washed
- Manufacturer details (intentional pilling, intentional rips/stains/etc.) <- Will be explained in box descriptions
- Cosmetic Flaws (anything that can be fixed manually)
- Lightly worn and returned products (these are considered flawed items)
We look forward to serving you and continuing to make sure you are satisfied with your Boutique by the Box orders. If you would like to see hauls and real boxes, check out our unboxing videos or our highlights on Instagram (@boutique.by.the.box).